- You must be an elector and resident of incorporated Redwood City to serve on most Redwood City Boards, Commissions and Committees. Some BCCs have other qualifications. See exceptions below.*
- All Board, Commission and Committee members serve without compensation.
- This survey consists of 30+ questions, including a request for three references with email addresses, employment information, and job qualifications. Once you begin, your application cannot be saved and completed at a later time. The average time to complete the application is about one hour.
- There have been some reports that using the back arrow (or back button) will delete your responses. While we have not yet been able to replicate the problem, we are continuing to investigate the cause. We apologize if this causes you any trouble.
- You must click the "I agree" button to complete and send in your application – this is the last question which reads as follows: I understand that this application is a public document and its contents will be disclosed upon request, and any misrepresentation or deliberate omission of a material fact in this application may be justification for refusal or termination of appointment. I also authorize persons knowledgeable of the information stated herein to give any additional information regarding my qualifications and character. I hereby release said persons from any liability for any damages whatsoever for issuing this information.
- You are required to submit three references and a two page cover letter along with this application, prior to the deadline. Details are on pages 7 ans 8 of this survey.
* Important exceptions
- Historic Resources Advisory Committee - The Planning Commission shall appoint a Historic Resources Advisory Committee to advise and make recommendations to the Commission in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 40 of the Municipal Code. The Committee shall consist of five (5) members who shall be appointed from, but not limited to, such professions, disciplines and interests as: members of the Redwood City Heritage Association and other preservation related organizations; licensed architects and structural engineers; urban planners and landscape architects; attorneys and real estate experts; members of community groups and residents within historic districts, occupants of historic landmarks and owners of historic sites. Not less than four (4) members shall, at the time of their appointment and continuously during their incumbency, be residents and electors of the City.
- Senior Affairs Commission - The general objectives of the Senior Affairs Commission shall be to encourage, foster, facilitate, establish and maintain programs for the enhancement of all matters relating to the social, economic, and personal well-being of the City's senior population. All such members shall be persons who have demonstrated a deep interest in, and appreciation of, senior citizen matters within the City. Not less than four (4) such members shall, at the time of their appointment and continuously during their incumbency, be residents and electors of the City.
Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 27, 2017.